Grocery Savings!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Recently I have got into couponing. Its a bit to take on all at one time but I feel like Ive done a good bit of easing into things. It can be a bit intense at time and quite time consuming. I discovered Southern Savers.com along with a ton of other frugal blogs like The Frugal Free Gal to help save money. This year a lot in my life is changing. A new baby. A move. Selling the house. Buying a house and all of this is causing me to lose a lot of business so I am basically back to a "stay at home mom" which is fine I just need to live a bit more frugally. Anyway, I think Ill start blogging about savings that im quite proud of. Sound like a plan?

This week I went to CVS, Target, Lowes Foods and Kroger.
DSC_5726

I got:
2 Puffs packs of tissues
1 Tide laundry detergent
2 Dawn liquid soaps
1 8ct Bounty
3 Charmin toilet paper packs 9ct
Crest toothpaste
Crest mouthwash

Total Spent: 33.66
Total saved: 25.84

Reward $ received back: 13.29

So its like I picked all that up for $20. I know its not the BEST deal but it was the best I could get.

Next stop Kroger!
Kroger is a bit out of the way for me but I did some shopping out there a few weeks ago and had $3 to spend there. I took a look at the sales and nothing peaked my interest except STRAWBERRIES!! They were 1.99 a lb. Uhh Hello sign me up. I think I am more excited about this years strawberry season in NC than I am most things... except having this kiddo that is. 
DSC_5734
Total Spent: 1.06
Total saved: 7.60

THAT 88%. Ill take it.

The next two I have no photos of because im lazy and not THAT excited about them.
Lowes Foods
Simply Orange OJ and
Velveeta Mac & cheese

Total Spent: 3.47
Total Saved: 3.02

Target:
BAMBI on Blue Ray came out yesterday and I have a $10 off coupon. 
Total spent: 14 something
Total Saved: 10

Hooray for saving money!


1 comments:

The Frugal Free Gal March 12, 2011 at 7:34 PM  

Nice job! Thanks for the link in there! :)

Post a Comment

I dont hate comments.

If youre entering a giveaway PLEASE leave your email. :)

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP