Monday, December 12, 2011
Today. He just keeps growing. Not that you can tell he is still being swallowed up by 6 month olds everywhere. Oh well. He's cute even if he is small.
He has his first tooth! We knew it was coming but it took a while to pop through. Nothing about breastfeeding has changed except it hurts a bit more when he chomps down.
He doesnt like toys all too much. But he LOVES cords, tags, keyboards, Christmas lights, paper and glass. Everything hes not supposed to have. He likes to suck on the bottom of glasses at restaurants and now its hard to sip at all cause he immediately goes after it. He wants everything which is ok. He's learning.
He has started to make this strange sound from his mouth. I think its his mouth learning how to talk because it sounds like it. But who knows. Im ok with him taking his time to grow up. Hes already too big.
Oh and he TOTALLY slept for 7 hours last night.. either that or he cried for a LONG time before I heard him.
Overall, Jack is amazing. I love him every day more and more. (how cheesy does that sound) Its true though.
and here are are a few of my favorite photos from the last few months.
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Did you know that I am a mom to a six month old? How on earth did that happen? Wasnt it just yesterday I was 10 weeks pregnant. Oh wait.. that was a YEAR AGO! Golly. Jack really is such an incredible little guy. You always hear about moms being able to tell exactly what their babies want by their cry and its totally true. I mean.. there is only 5 things they might want so its pretty good odds.
Over the last month Jack has:
- become a crazy flipper. We now have to REALLLY watch him on elevated surfaces. Because he'll just roll off the bed if we let him. He was just only turning over on his right side. And he would flip to his front if you put him on his back and flip to his back if you put him on his front.
- he has become a tummy sleeper
- he has become the master of the push up
- he has taken a liking to his left hand. He flaps it like he's trying to fly all while the right hand is just hanging out. Its super cute unless youre trying to feed him then he flails that hand more than normal.
- still boobin it!
- we HAVE started him on a little solids. we started putting some cereal in his bottles when Ive got to leave and he's got the pumped milk with his daddy. Also within the last two weeks we have tried banana, apples and avocados. He wasnt 100% a fan of the banana, the avocado is growing on him and he L O V E S the apple. I think he likes the apple because he can actually grab it and hold it to his mouth. Mainly he just sucks all the juice out.. but he's content all the same. Next up MANGO!
- Here's a little snippet of him eating his apple the other night!
- If he could dine on my hair only; he would be a happy baby. Somehow he will find it, its ridiculous! He finds it instantly and even when I thought it was completely out of his way.
- his drooling has increased a LOT. were going to try one of those amber necklaces and see how that helps out.
- he has always been a happy baby but now he smiles alllll the time. I like it, especially when I am sad and his little smile just gets me all happy again.
- sitting up.. isnt happening yet although the other night when we were skyping with daddy he sat up all by himself for a good thirty seconds.. until he fell into the printer. Dad thinks im abusing him while hes gone.. he has just become a little more active since he left thats all.
- he ALMOST has his feet to his mouth. I think it will happen any day now.
- he has outgrown his infant tub(i think he did that at 5 months, oh well) so he is now a sink superstar! He seems to like it alright. I dont think really anything bothers him all too much.
His next peditrician appointment is today in a few hours. I am kinda excited to see his new stats because he has grown a LOT since his last appointment.
Monday, October 3, 2011
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Wow. The past few months have been CRAZY! We have been told where were moving. We have flown out to Washington. Found a house and were now in the process of buying it! Gosh! Jack is getting more cute every day. I love that little kiddo. I just realized I missed his 4 month update AND his 5 month update.. well, this is whats going on in the life of baby Jack:
- He can roll over. More on his right side than his left.
- His little arms and neck are strong enough for some good head raising on his tummy.
- He still sounds like a dinosaur, a cute one though.
- We have slipped him some rice cereal and put it in his bottles. Nothing has really changed except for his farts. They are TERRIBLE!
- He smiles most all the time, not just in the mornings.
- For the most part he goes to bed at 8:30
- Hes still not sleeping through the night.
- He still likes my boobies.
- He's almost out of 3/6 month clothes and it makes me sad.
Monday, August 15, 2011
Friday, August 12, 2011
Ok this may be cheating and since we have been so busy cleaning up and readying the house to see Ive had no time for craftiness this week. Soooooo here is this weeks pin of the week. When I saw the original photo I knew I loved it and I wanted to try it with my next wedding! I like the result. What do you think?
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Monday, July 25, 2011
Sunday, July 24, 2011
- He is fitting quite nicely into all of his cloth diapers
- His favorite time of the day is between 8am-noon. He is super happy then. I like it. Makes it worth not being able to go back to sleep.
- He is sleeping in his crib in his own room and he likes it. We do too.
- We dont know how big he is but he sure has grown!
- He loves just laying on a quilt in the middle of the room staring at the ceiling fan.
- Still not using pacifiers much, he doesnt like them. But he does enjoy my boobs. He uses them as pacifiers.. which can be sort of annoying at times.
- He can hold his head up when youre holding him and has been able to for a few weeks now. Such a strong little guy.
- He doesnt like to be awake and in the backseat by himself in the car.. which is great when Neil is driving.. not so much when its just me and him.
- He's already been on a plane and he's been to Florida three separate times! He was an awesome baby on the plane. All the folks at Southwest helped out a super ton!
- Its official the blue eyes are gone. They are now greennnnnishhazel. Hoping they stay that way!
Monday, June 27, 2011
The backing is 3 pillow cases by Alexander Girard I got from a thrift store in Birmingham last May. They retail for like $40 for 2 (RIDICULOUS!) and I got them for like 7 and I still have a ton left over.. since I bought all they had since I didnt have plans for it at the time. The binding is the back of the pillow cases and its like my favorite fabric ever. Just my style.
I used Made- By- Rae storytime square quilt pattern. I really liked it and i think it would be super easy with a charm pack. I still have some Nicey Jane charm packs I need to use..perhaps it will be a future project
Im just glad its done! Wootie Woot!