Day 1 : Stitch Sampler

Saturday, January 2, 2010

First off, I guess an obligatory "Happy New Year" post is in order. I know I rang in the new year right!


My main traveling craft project will be embroidery. There is a lot you can do with and it is all super cute! For Christmas I received a few books including Embroidered Effects, Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of crafts, Handmade Home and a few others I forget the name of.

Since I'm new to the whole embroidery thing I started with that. One of the first projects is a sampler to try out all the stitches. So far so good. I'm doing the easier stitches first and now I'm getting to the harder bits. :)

Here's what is looked like before I nodded off yesterday when we got home from Lindy Focus.

1- Stitch Sampler

Also, while we were in Asheville last week Neil and I visited a quilt shop, Asheville Cotton Co. It was rather large and had a TON of fabric. A lot of I hadn't ever seen before. Although, I was most excited about Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane fabric. It is probably one of my favorites ever. Its so soft and sweet and cute and I love it. Its the perfect amount of girly for me. I didn't buy any because I didn't need it although eventually this year I will be using a lot of it. I did however pick up a few fat quarters to add to my stash to send for the Fresh Comfort quilting bee I signed up for. My the Queen Bee for February.



There's some Amy Butler, Love in there along with a few Christmas prints. Im excited to get to cuttin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I dont hate comments.

If youre entering a giveaway PLEASE leave your email. :)

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP